Why choose Health and Social Care?
- This course will provide learners with the opportunity, through applied learning, to develop core principles and specialist knowledge and understanding required in the health and social care sector.
- The delivery model will provide learners with the skills, knowledge and understanding to progress into Higher Education on a health and social care-related programme such as Health and Social Care, Nursing, Social Work or Early Childhood Studies.
What will I learn in Year 12 and how will it be assessed?
To achieve the Year 12 qualification, learners must complete a total of 3 mandatory units.
Unit 1: internally assessed by centre staff and externally moderated by us.
Units 2 and 3: assessed by exam and marked by us.
Units studied include:
- Building positive relationships in health and social care (assignment)
- Equality, diversity and rights in health and social care (exam)
- Health, safety and security in health and social care (exam)
What will I learn in Year 13 and how will it be assessed?
To achieve the Technical Extended Certificate in Health and Social Care, learners must have successfully completed the Year 12 modules of study and sit a further externally assessed exam and complete two internally moderated units.
- Anatomy and physiology for health and social care (exam)
- Nutrition for health (assignment)
- Supporting people with mental health conditions (assignment)
How will I learn?
- You will study core units which will provide you with a sound knowledge, understanding and the necessary skills to progress into higher education, training or employment.
- You will have the opportunity to meet and interact with health, social care and early years professionals and experience the working environment whilst learning.
- BSc Adult Nursing/ Child Nursing
- BSc Mental Health Nursing/ Learning Disability Nursing
- BSc Occupational Therapy
- BSc Radiography
- BA Social Work
Many of our Year 13 leavers have gone onto study degree courses in preparation to work in the Health and Social Care and Education sector in a variety of career pathways including;
- Social Work
- Mental Health Nursing
- Disability Nursing
- Primary School Teaching
- Occupational Therapy
- Adult and Child Nursing
Further Course Information:
- The units are graded Pass, Merit and Distinction.
- This qualification is graded Pass, Merit, Distinction, Distinction*.
- Learners can resit an examined unit once before they complete the qualification.
- If learner feel they haven’t performed at their best during the assessment, the learner can, at the teachers discretion, improve their work and resubmit it for assessment.